TeethSmart is an oral health promotion program designed by dentists for pre school children. It is a fun interactive 40 minute program where children learn how to:
- Brush their teeth along the gumline twice a day
- Learn the importance of which food groups are good for them
- Learn which drinks to consume
- Learn the role of a dentist and what happens at their first dental visit (This reduces the fear factor of going to the dentist)
- The childcare/daycare get a teethsmart certificate at the end of the visit that they participated in this program
- All children receive toothbrushes and certificates from TeethSmart
- The local dentist and clinic is introduced to them by audiovisual means.(optional)
If you are a childcare/daycare centre contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to become part of the program so we can make an appointment to come and have a teethsmart day at your centre.
If you are a local dentist email us on email@example.com or call us and learn how you can get involved.
All our health promotion officers have "WORKING WITH CHILDRENS CHECK" .
Khadija is the founder of TeethSmart. She has worked in the Australian dental industry for over 11 years and founded TeethSmart after her son went to childcare and she went back to work. She noticed that most parents who send their kids to childcares/daycares dropped them off early in the morning and kids had breakfast there but they were not brushing their teeth after wards. With the help of her dental colleagues she created the TeethSmart program.
She loves kids and being around them makes her world a happy place. When she is not working with anything dental she loves to read books, try exotic recipes and meeting new people.